Tuesday, February 24, 2015

DE-STRESSING!

I know it has been a while but we have been very busy with a major bathroom renovation...  Here are a few pictures of the work in progress











We decided to take some of the square footage from our bedroom to allow for a walk-in shower which will also include a stand alone bathtub.  The new bathroom will be stunning but for now, this is the room in all it's glory...

Winter in Quebec has been absolutely horrible this year with temperatures in the -20s F.  To survive this devastating weather, I've started a few design projects, including a "de-stressing" activity...  It all started with a small table given to me by my mother many years ago which had a funky green finish:



I used some of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White (btw... I LOVE YOU ANNIE SLOAN!!!!) and proceeded to paint, wax (with Annie Sloan's clear wax) and distress... And de-stress...  I love these design projects where my mind can just take a break and not think about work, chores, schedules, appointments and obligations.  I enjoyed every minute of it and I am very happy with the final result.






I am currently working on another piece, a beautiful dresser which will be painted in Annie Sloan Paris Grey shade.  It should keep me sane until March!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...